Liverpool will not sanction Gomez loan in Guehi deal

7 hours ago 1

Joe Gomez playing for LiverpoolImage source, Getty Images

Image caption,

England defender Joe Gomez has made 242 appearances for Liverpool

Senior football correspondent

Liverpool would reject any formal offer from Crystal Palace to take Joe Gomez on loan as a sweetener in the Merseysiders' move for Eagles captain Marc Guehi.

Palace have explored the prospect of bringing in Gomez on loan to help smooth Liverpool's efforts to land Guehi.

However, the Premier League champions currently have no intention of letting Gomez leave for Selhurst Park on a temporary basis.

It is understood Palace would give serious consideration to accepting in the region of £30m with Gomez heading to London on loan.

But sources are claiming Liverpool would not consider any loan proposals for Gomez this month.

Palace captain Guehi has made clear he does not intend to sign a new contract at Selhurst Park.

While Palace manager Oliver Glasner has publicly spoken of his desire to keep Guehi, the Eagles are reluctant to let the 25-year-old leave on a free transfer when his contract expires next summer. They rejected a £65m deal to sell Guehi to Newcastle last year.

They are trying to sign two central defenders before the transfer window closes, which could unlock Guehi's move to Liverpool.

Palace have an interest in Toulouse's Jaydee Canvot, 19, and talks over a move for the highly-rated central defender are at an advanced stage.

They are also seeking an experienced centre-half and have made an approach for Manchester City defender Manuel Akanji, but the Switzerland international is said to have reservations about the switch.

Sporting defender Ousmane Diomande has been Palace's first-choice target, but thus far they have been unable to afford the Ivory Coast international.

Roma's Evan Ndicka is another defender Palace are understood to be interested in.

Speaking on Friday, Glasner said Guehi "has to" be a Palace player when the window shuts.

"It is not possible to find a Marc Guehi replacement who can play straight in the Premier League as a starter," he added.

Palace have already lost one of the key players who helped them to FA Cup glory last season, as England forward Eberechi Eze joined Arsenal in a £60m deal.

Read Entire Article
Koran | News | Luar negri | Bisnis Finansial